Ansen and I have been married for 12 years now. 12 years.
I don't even know how to articulate everything I feel about this (all good things). It doesn't seem like that long ago we were in college . . . meeting at Village Inn for dinner at 2:00 in the morning, rushing across campus in the freezing cold with Ansen holding my hand in his pocket to keep it warm, sharing the one car we had for awhile, sleeping in on Saturdays mornings and taking midnight walks.
And now we have these three crazy rugrats, we're making dinner at 6:00, we're cleaning this house for what feels like all the time, sleeping in is 8:00 and we only sometimes get to go on walks by ourselves. But it really is the life!
We celebrated with dinner at Flemmings. I treated Ansen with the gift card I got from a client which I had thought would get us two separate date nights . . . that was a laugh . . . I had no idea, but really good. My parents took the kids for the night and then we went shopping in Park City . . . alone (heaven).
I'm sure that not too long from now it will feel like yesterday that our little kids were making us colored anniversary banners.




2 comments:
Congrats! So glad you got a little time together. :)
How cute! I don't think our kids know what an anniversary is. Congrats to you! You beat us by one year.
Post a Comment