Friday, October 14, 2011

The day came



My youngest brother, Jeffrey, grew up and left on his mission this week to Barcelona, Spain.  We've all been anticipating this day for a long time and it was incredible it see it finally come.  I admire my little brother, I'm grateful for his example, I'm so excited to hear about all the experiences he gets to have over the next 2 years and I'm excited to see what more he becomes. 


It has made me reflect this week about my relationship with him and how grateful I am for it.  Which then got me thinking about the relationships I have with Ryan and Lisa and how though each relationship is unique I value each one of them more than words are able to describe.  Our Father in Heaven really knew what he was doing when he put us together and for that I am also grateful. 

The goodbyes are never easy, but there is definitely NO WHERE we'd rather he be right now.

Drew was devastated.
(Or rather, he was over tired, grumpy and a little turd that would not say goodbye)


Then he came around and waved goodbye with Kendall and Halle as the rest of us headed to the MTC.


My parents are officially empty nesters now . . . 31 years and now it's just them.
 Luckily Halle and Kendall were there for day 1 and day 2 to soften the blow.



The MTC is so efficient and we were in and out in 4 minutes. 


And then he was gone . . .


And then we had to face the long drive home where we all kept convincing each other how great this is, how excited we were for him, etc. while poor little Olivia sobbed in the backseat.

Banna gave Olivia her own card with his address and so the girls came home and promptly wrote their first "letters"  . . . Olivia just copied the address card and signed her name.

Wow, I'm so happy for him and again, man I admire him.

No comments: