Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Scooter Club

Meet the scooter club . . .

My friend Melissa bought a Scooter and spent the entire Summer convincing me how fun it would be to be part of her club and going riding together.  I spent the entire Summer convincing Ansen and my Dad to let me borrow my Dad's scooter, promising to stay in the ward boundries and to drive slow knowing that I am always on the defense and assuming that no one sees me

I finially got them convinced, adding that (1) with my new church calling I would be saving so much money in gas with all the driving around the ward I do, (2) all the time I would save with seatbelts, parking, opening and shutting door and all.

And so here we are . . . the Scooter Club. 

We go riding when we can . . .

And yes I found a reason to be a few minutes late (and made Addison be late too) for Olivia's soccer game, so we could ride the scooter.

I've been leaving my helmet on all the time as I run around dropping things off and such, but until I saw Matt (my brother in law) in Cafe Rio still wearing his scooter helmet I didn't realize how stupid I looked.

Melissa even has night googles to go with her helmet.


I love that:
one friend told us that we made her laugh for 3 days everytime she thought of us pulling up on our scooters
one guy asked if he bought a motorcycle could he be in the club (yes but only if he rides behind the scooters)
another friend is seriously talking to husband about getting her own scooter
another guy yelled at me that he "loved my scooter" while I drove by and again in the halls at church

and mostly I love that my kids think I'm cool when I pick them up from school on the scooter.

2 comments:

Cami said...

It's SO awesome!! I want to be in the club, but I also really love to not be in the rain. :) You guys are cute.

chris said...

You crack me up! I love it.