Saturday, May 26, 2012

Ambulance . . .

We had a ward party a couple of weeks ago and since it was one of those crazy Saturdays I wasn't sure if we'd make it . . . soccer games, quilt class, baptism, work BBQ, wedding reception . . . and there was 2 more, but I can't remember now - I just remember we had 9 things lined up with a lot of driving in between. 


 Anyway, we made it and good thing we did since there was a fire truck and an ambulance there to climb around and explore.




And what kid doesn't love that . . . 


Seeing the inside of the ambulance made me realize that I never opened my eyes once in the 30 second trip to the hospital I took - it felt like that anyway since I was in and out.  When they shut the doors and we started the drive I was dreading the LONG, bumpy ride to the hospital . . .

I remember they cut my clothes off (who wouldn't notice that).  I remember the EMTs complaining about it being so stinking hot in there and why was it so hot? . . . I didn't notice the temperature . . . And I remember asking if there were kids in the car with me and when they said no, wondering where on the earth they could be then.

And the next thing I knew I was in the ER and 10+ people poking me and moving me and they were telling me my Dad was in the waiting room  . . .

My memory of the ambulance could definitely have been worse. 


Look at those little, white, winter legs . . .


No comments: