Wednesday, June 27, 2012

the Big try-athalon

I know I spelled it wrong . . . but we gave a triathalon a try . . . see it works. And by "we" I mean the girls.


Swim:

Olivia's biggest cause of anxiety, but she got to do it with her friends so that makes everything better.


Addie had swimming in the bag since she got those magic goggles that solved all swimming problems. 


Olivia (and her kickboard) did awesome though
and she smiled at me like that the whole time.  



Biking:
Easy.  We'd been "training" for this part with family and morning bike rides. 




Running:
Finished strong.  


We honestly didn't know how Olivia would fair with this whole thing.  We were so shocked when she jumped off, dropped her bike and started running,  yelling, "Where do I go?!"


They did awesome and I secretly wished I could have done it with them because I think it would have been perfect for me . . . a stretch, but within reach.  But honestly I was pooped after running around, encouraging everyone and taking pictures . . . yeah, that's still where I am in the recovery process.




The racers we could gather for pictures . . . 

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I am so proud of these girls---and their mama for "TAKING ON A TRIATHALON"!!