Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Scat Cat!

We have another cat. 

It's a low maintenace cat since we don't feed it, talk to it, pet it or do anything that would indicate that we like it, but it seems to think he's ours. 

The downside . . . he bit Olivia.


We had our first cat when we lived in our condo and Addison was just little.  He used to hang out in our front bushes and try to run into our house everytime we opened the door. 

I hated the cat and would always yell "SCAT cat" at him (it never helped) and so Addison thought his name was Scat Cat. 

One day we forgot something and had to come back to get it.  I jumped out to run into the house and Addison yelled . . .

"Kick the cat Mom!  Kick the cat!"


Now we have Drew running around telling people his Dad is going to shoot our new cat with his gun and the kids named him Nimrod Marshmellow S'mores. 

I am so sorry, we're just not cat lovers around here . . . I really do feel bad for him, but I just can't love a cat (does NOT read we really will shoot him).

And a follow up  . . . our neighbors have adopted him . . . he's much nicer from a distance, not trying to stick his head through the hole in my back screen door. 

No comments: