Liv decided it was time - time to get her ears pierced. I told her whenever she's ready, we'll go, but since she was a spectator at Addison's fateful ear piercing round 1 & 2, she was in no hurry (which don't you worry, I fully used that to my advantage).
We really thought she would honestly chicken out when we got there, and in my mind we weren't even doing it, but holy cow! That girl surprised us and did it.
We know that she has willpower, there's no question about that. We have seen that willpower hard at work standing it's ground for 6 years. But this was the first time I had a inkling of hope that that willpower of hers will prove to be valuable characteristic.
Not that ear piercing is noble and commendable, but to see her think about it, decide, be determined and do it (when it was something I wasn't whole heartedly ready to battle it out with her and blinded by the value of her willpower) made me think she might use it to make it to big places in life. We just need her determination decided on something good.


No comments:
Post a Comment