I was pretty excited to finally have a little boy that could play itty bitty ball! How could it not be the cutest thing ever? There was no disappointment - it was cute.
The first day there I sat down and got out some of my quilting to work on. As I looked around, I suddenly realized that everyone else was entertaining other younger kids and I was just sitting there sewing or reading.
What? When did that happen?
I'm the mom sitting quietly doing whatever I want?! I had longed for that day for years and now I'm totally devastated that it's here.
Poor, little thing would prance around his coach waiting for praise every time he kicked the ball and when he didn't get it had to run over to me.
I finally taught him our family sign for "I love you" and that seemed to do the trick. He flashed me the sign every few minutes and if I wasn't paying close enough attention he had to run over and tell me that "he just did this."
This was his other special sign for his sisters the day they came.
He loved it and I really, really loved watching him.
He loved his special green "kicking shoes" that Ansen picked out especially for him.
He took his balloon everywhere that day until he lost it outside that evening . . .
his heart was broken.
I was talking to our neighbor and saw his balloon start to float away and knew we were in trouble. We heard his blood curdling scream as he started running across the front yards towards me. Poor little guy. I tried hard to think of how I would feel if my phone or wallet just floated away . . . you know perspective (from Bryan Reagan :)).
I was talking to our neighbor and saw his balloon start to float away and knew we were in trouble. We heard his blood curdling scream as he started running across the front yards towards me. Poor little guy. I tried hard to think of how I would feel if my phone or wallet just floated away . . . you know perspective (from Bryan Reagan :)).





1 comment:
I find it a "sign" that behind the first picture, the yellow goal says "Pugg." It was meant to be.
Post a Comment