Sunday, October 14, 2012

Just Pull it All Together

My friend, Barb, told me that she always says to herself . . . "If I could just pull it all together tomorrow  . . . "  And the the problem is - just what is "it" exactly?

I think she described me (and probably motherhood for the most part) perfectly.  I keep thinking those exact thoughts, but I hadn't gotten to the part where I didn't even realize that I didn't even know what "it" was. 

I'm doing well physically now, I'm progressing and I'm getting around, but I'm just trying to put the pieces of our life together.  I feel like every time I turn around there's a small crisis on our hands . . . my return piles from my summer clothes shopping binge that I just did't have the energy for, insurance and medical bills, school reports, new bank fees on every account since I'm still receiving paper statements, a mess in every square inch of our house, my computer is still in my kitchen on a card table . . .

Oh and everyone needs to eat every single day . . . really?!  3+ times even . . . which means we have to have food in the house so someone has to grocery shop . . .

Okay, so none of them are a crisis, but it just feels like everything is a bit of a mess and if I could just "pull it all together" . . .

The truth is I'll never pull it all together . . . ever.

And maybe there's a few more things I can let go of.  Like this summer I stopped rolling our underwear into pairs.  I just divide his and hers and jam them in their appropriate drawers.  Awesome, right?

But we just keep moving, we keep evaluating and I guess make sure the "it" that I'm pulling all together is my family.

2 comments:

steph said...

Just one look at this blog and I know you have the important "it" together. Miss our talks about all the things we do or are trying to do tomorrow to make things better. Miss you guys!

steph said...

Just looking at your blog I know you have "it" all together. I miss our talks about what we are doing or trying to do to get "it" together. Miss you guys!